THE excitement is building for the undisputed light-heavyweight title clash between Artur Beterbiev and Joe Smith Jr on June 18.
Beterbiev, who is the WBC and IBF light-heavyweight champion, beat Marcus Browne in his last fight to retain those titles and also continued his undefeated knockout-to-win ratio.Beterbiev beat Browne via Knockout in the ninth round back in December[/caption] Joe Smith Jr beat Steve Geffrard via TKO in January to retain his WBO title[/caption]
Smith Jr beat Maxim Vlasov back in 2021 for the WBO title and was able to defend that title against Geffrard in January with a victory via TKO.
Smith Jr and Beterbiev will put all of their titles on the line so one man will walk away as the undisputed light-heavyweight champion.
Everything has been put on the line for this fight, while Beterbiev will be desperate to stay undefeated. The winner is expected to fight Dimitry Bivol.
When is Beterbiev vs Smith Jr?
- The undisputed title clash will take place during the late hours of Saturday, June 18 in the US.
- The fight will be held inside Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theatre in New York City, USA.
- There will be close to 5,600 fans in attendance at the fight.
- Ring walks are expected to be on at Sunday 4:30 am BST and Saturday at 11:30 pm ET.
What channel is it and can it be live-streamed?
- Beterbiev vs Smith Jr will be shown live on Sky Sports
- You can live stream the action from the Sky Go or NOW TV apps, both of which are available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Beterbiev vs Smith Jr FULL CARD
- Artur Beterbiev vs Joe Smith Jr – MAIN EVENT
- Robeisy Ramirez vs Abraham Nova
- Bruce Carrington vs Adrian Leyva
- Jahi Tucker vs D’Andre Smith
- Floyd Diaz vs Daniil Platonovschi
- Troy Isley vs Donte Stubbs
- Kieran Molloy vs Jonathan Ryan Burrs
- Wendy Toussaint vs Asinia Byfield
- Jahyae Brown vs Keane McMahon
Most read in Boxing
What has been said?
“My approach is I’m always prepared to go 12 rounds,” Smith Jr said.
“I don’t want to go 12 rounds.”
“If I can get him out in two, three, four, whatever it may be, I’m gonna do it.”
He comes straight forwards, he’s made for my style.”
“He comes forward, I believe I’m a little faster and a little more elusive, where I can get some ‘lucky shots’ off.”
Beterbiev added, “I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead of me.”
“Joe Smith Jr is a worthy champion, but I am coming to Madison Square Garden to add another world title to my collection.”
“This fight will get me one step closer to becoming undisputed champion.”
- Beterbiev win – 1/12
- Draw – 33/1
- Smith Jr win – 11/2
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct at time of publication.